The Great Lakes Sports & Entertainment Law Academy partners with several local and national professional sports and entertainment franchises, as well as educational and cultural institutions, to offer students an intense, three-week, interdisciplinary classroom and experiential learning opportunity.
2014 Sports Law Problem
Sports Law Problem
Sports Law Problem Form
Sports Law Problem Additional Resource
Following the three weeks of coursework, up to twenty students will have the opportunity to participate in highly selective externships at high-profile sports and entertainment institutions.
- Counsel for Cleveland Browns
- Counsel for Cleveland Cavaliers
- Lake Country Captains
- Counsel for Mid-American Conference
- Cleveland State University Athletic Department/Nelligan Sports Marketing Agency
- Cleveland State University Athletic Department/Global Spectrum
- Cleveland State University Athletic Department
- Case Western Reserve University Office of General Counsel & Athletic Department
- Vuguru Studios
- Greater Cleveland Film Commission
Students in the academy may also participate in independent externships certified by academy professors.
Accepted students who would like to apply for an externship to begin after GLSELA classes end and have submitted their deposit, will answer the Sports law Problem located on this page. Students can submit their answer to the GLSELA website between April 1, 2014-May 1, 2014 to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will not be able to submit it earlier. A current CV will also have to be submitted as well at that time. The timeline for answering the sports law problem is not extended to students who apply later in the open registration period. We encourage students planning to apply for an externship to apply to the GLSELA early and pay their deposit immediately upon acceptance so they receive the sports law problem.