The Great Lakes Sports & Entertainment Law Academy partners with several local and national professional sports and entertainment franchises, as well as educational and cultural institutions, to offer students an intense, three-week, interdisciplinary classroom and experiential learning opportunity.
Following the three weeks of coursework, up to twenty students will have the opportunity to participate in highly selective externships at high-profile sports and entertainment institutions.
- Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
- Lake Country Captains
- Counsel for Mid-American Conference
- Cleveland State University Athletic Department/Nelligan Sports Marketing Agency
- Cleveland State University Athletic Department/Global Spectrum
- Cleveland State University Athletic Department
- Lake Erie College Athletic Department
- Case Western Reserve University Office of General Counsel & Athletic Department
- Dietz Trott Sports & Entertainment Management
- Vuguru Studios
- Greater Cleveland Film Commission
Additionally, students may conduct independent legal research, which in past years has been for the benefit of the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, and other sports and entertainment sponsors, under the guidance of the Academy co-directors.